Skip to main content

Tell us about an unlicensed house in multiple occupation (HMO)

If you think a HMO is in disrepair, poorly managed, causing a nuisance or might not have a licence, then let us know, it may be illegal.

Landlords must have a licence if they run a house in multiple occupation (HMO) in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. To be granted a licence, landlords must make sure the property is a safe and healthy place to live.

You don't have to live in the property to report it.

It's completely confidential and you don't have to leave your details if you don't want to.

Report a HMO

You can check whether a property has a licence on our register of licensed HMOs.

You can also find out whether a landlord or letting agent has been fined or convicted of a housing-related offence using the Mayor of London's rogue landlord checker.

What is a HMO?

A property is considered a HMO if three or more people, living in two or more households, are renting it as their main home and are sharing facilities such as a bathroom.

Find out more about HMOs