Choice and Control in adult social care
Choice and Control is a new way of thinking about how you arrange your care and support. It is designed to help you to receive services in a way that suits you and your family, and offers you more control over the way your services are delivered.
This is also known as self-directed support.
Under Choice and Control:
- You are able to decide who cares for you and how
- You are assessed based on your personal needs and allocated a Personal Budget
- We do not tell you what support you should have
Adults and older people who are eligible for social care will receive a Personal Budget to help them:
- Live independently and stay healthy
- Maintain your living circumstances and be with your family
- Play an equal part in your local community
- Enjoy the best quality of life