Unlicensed obstructions on roads and pavements

Unlicensed obstructions on public roads and pavements may lead to accidents if they are not removed quickly.

How to report a problem

If the problem is on a public street, road or highway, use our online form to report the problem.

Report a road or pavement obstruction

Please be prepared to tell us the street name or pinpoint your location on a map so we can get to the location quickly.

If the problem is on a council estate, or on the outside of a council block, contact our Cleaning team.

What happens next?

When we receive your report, we will inspect the road or pavement within a few days.

If emergency action is needed, we will act within 24 hours to remove the obstruction. For other problems, we usually take action within 28 working days.

Please note that builders need to apply for a licence to put scaffolding and hoardings, building materials and skips on the streets. The Royal Borough of Greenwich regularly inspects the sites to make sure that builders comply with the conditions of the licence.