How to reserve a parking bay
If you need the council to suspend a parking bay, you have to apply at least ten working days in advance. Residents or businesses can apply to suspend any type of parking bay, for reasons such as:
- a domestic removal where a resident needs the outside of the property to be clear
- tree pruning.
You'll need to provide information such as:
- when you require it
- how long you need it for
- reason for suspending the bay
- the street plan if you're a business.
- Non-refundable administration fee on all approved suspension applications: £58.00
- Charge per bay per day £58.00
You can request to suspend a second bay without charge for the first day of the suspension if all of the following apply:
- you're applying as a resident
- the suspension is for a domestic removal
After you apply
Parking Services will check with the network management team that the suspension can be permitted.
If your application is successful, the council will put up signs to give advance notice that bays are being suspended. The signs state:
- the date of the suspension
- the reason for the suspension.
If, on the day of the suspension, a vehicle is illegally parked in the bay, please report this to the council's Contact Centre on 020 8921 4339. An Enforcement Officer will visit the location as soon as possible and issue a parking ticket if appropriate.
- We cannot stop people ignoring the signs and parking illegally.
- We cannot remove any illegally parked vehicles.
- Parking suspension cancellation fee is 20% of suspension charge or £50.00 whichever is the greater amount.