Skip to main content

Tradesperson parking permits


You can apply for a tradesperson parking permit if you need tradespeople to carry out work on your property. 

There's a different parking permits system for council estates

The permit can only be used for vehicles less than 1.95 metres wide and less than 3 metres tall. 

A tradesperson permit costs £18.50 per week and is a virtual permit. It can be valid for between one and 6 weeks and you can apply up to 30 days before you need it.  

Who can apply 

Your home or business address must be an eligible address in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ).  

You can apply for up to 2 tradesperson permits per property. 

Enter your postcode to find out more information about tradesperson permits in your CPZ. Not all addresses in a CPZ are entitled to a permit.

Apply online 

You can apply and pay for a tradesperson permit online.  

You’ll need to create an online account if you do not already have one. 

Find out what type of account you need

What you need to apply

When you apply, you might need to upload some documents about where you live if you have not done this within the last 3 months.  

You'll need one document that shows your name and address. This must be dated within the last 3 months, such as:  

  • a utility bill or council tax bill 
  • proof of any benefits or pensions you get  
  • a bank or building society statement  
  • a tenancy agreement or solicitors' letter with completion date if you’re a new resident 

You cannot use a driving licence as proof of address. 

You will also need a credit or debit card for payment. 

Apply for a tradesperson permit

What happens next 

When you’ve completed the online application and paid the fee, you’ll get an email to confirm your purchase. 

You can view your tradesperson permit under ‘My permits’ in your online account. You can change the vehicle registration number if you need to. 

If you cannot apply online, call our contact centre on 020 8921 4339.