Apply for a disabled person's Freedom Pass
To apply for a disabled person's Freedom Pass, first check that you're eligible.
Then download and complete the application form and return it to the address given on the form with:
- a passport photograph
- written evidence of your disability if stated in the application form
- two items showing proof of address.
Help with completing the forms
If you have trouble downloading or printing the forms, or you need help completing them, contact the mobility team or visit one of our service centres.
Proof of address
You can provide any two items from this list as proof of your address:
- current Council Tax bill, letter or payment book
- current council or housing association rent book
- current TV licence
- residential utility bill (excluding mobile phone bills)
- bank or building society statement dated within the last three months
- HM Revenue and Customs letter
- Council Tax bill dated within the last three months
- Department of Work and Pensions letter
- occupational pension letter.
What happens next
We'll contact you if we need more information from you or if you need to attend a mobility assessment.
If your application is approved, we'll send you a letter confirming approval and your Freedom Pass will be sent directly to you from London Councils. It can take up to ten weeks to receive your pass.