Types of Freedom Pass

The Freedom Pass allows holders to travel for free on most public transport across London.

There are two types of Freedom Pass, and you need to apply to different places for each type:

  • older person's Freedom Pass - apply to London Councils
  • disabled person's Freedom Pass - apply to us.

Check if you can get a disabled person's Freedom Pass

Older person's Freedom Pass

The Royal Borough of Greenwich does not issue older person's Freedom Passes. You need to apply online on the Freedom Pass website.

Apply for an older person's Freedom Pass

You need to be over the State Pension age to get an older person's Freedom Pass. If you're not yet eligible, you can apply for a sixty-plus Oyster card.

If you can't apply online, you can pick up a paper application form at any library in Royal Greenwich. Library staff can help you with applying, but they won't be able to carry out the process for you.

Find out what documents you'll need to provide on the London Councils website.

Renewing or replacing an older person's pass

London Councils will contact you when it's time to renew your pass.

If you need to replace your pass, please contact London Councils.