Information on highway records

As a member of the public, you can inspect records during normal office hours.

The Royal Borough of Greenwich keeps records of:

  • street adoptions
  • stopping up orders
  • diversion orders
  • modification orders
  • reclassification orders.

Find out who is responsible for maintaining your street

Find my street

Highways over private land

The land which a highway passes over may be privately owned, but the Highway Authority has powers and responsibilities which take priority over this. Responsibility for the land will only revert to the owner if the highway is 'stopped up' by a Highway Order.