Who can get Second Adult Rebate

If you share your home with someone who isn't your partner and who can't help you pay rent or Council Tax, you may be able to claim Second Adult Rebate.

The person who shares your home must be:

  • aged 18 or over
  • not paying you rent
  • not paying Council Tax themselves
  • on a low income
  • not a joint tenant or joint owner.

How to claim

You can use the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support form to apply for Second Adult Rebate.

Apply for Second Adult Rebate

The person responsible for paying Council Tax must make the claim.

Please note - if you already get full Council Tax Support, you won't need to claim Second Adult Rebate.