In exceptional circumstances, the Royal Borough of Greenwich can reduce your council tax bill. This is known as discretionary reduction.

This is only granted where there is evidence of exceptional hardship and personal circumstances.

You must request a discretionary reduction in writing - a third party can also apply on your behalf.

You must show that you have:

Write to:

Council Tax
Royal Borough of Greenwich
The Woolwich Centre,
35 Wellington Street,
London SE18 6HQ

What happens next

We may request additional evidence to support your application.

If we refuse your request, you can ask for a review - you must do this in writing and state the reasons why you think our decision is unfair.