Lower your council tax bill

Find out if you're eligible for any reductions, and you may be able to pay less council tax.

Available reductions

Council Tax Support

If you're on a low income, you may be able to claim Council Tax Support. This is a reduction of up to 100 per cent of your council tax bill.

Find out more about Council Tax Support

Use the benefit calculator to find out how much you might get

Council tax discounts

You can get a discount of at least 25 per cent if you live alone. There are also other council tax discounts that you may be eligible for.

Apply for a single person council tax discount

Council tax exemptions

Certain properties are exempt from paying council tax, for example, properties that only students live in.

Check if your property is eligible for an exemption

Discretionary council tax relief

The Royal Borough of Greenwich can offer discretionary council tax relief to individuals in exceptional circumstances.

Find out more about discretionary council tax relief

Second Adult Rebate

If you share your home with someone who isn't your partner and who can't help you pay rent or council tax, you may be able to claim Second Adult Rebate.

Find out more about Second Adult Rebate

Struggling to pay your bill?

We have additional guidance available if you're having problems paying your council tax bill.