What you need to tell us
If you are already getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and you do not tell us about changes in your circumstances, you could be paid too much benefit and have to pay back the overpayment.
Changes in your circumstance that will affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support include:
- income, wages or savings
- tax credits
- Income Support or Jobseeker's Allowance
- income of other people living in your home
- someone else moves into your property
- your children leaving school or starting work
- anyone in your household going into hospital
- leaving the country
- birth of a child
- amount of rent you pay.
Change of address
If you are moving and staying within Royal Greenwich, this will be a change of circumstance on your existing claim - you don't need to make a new application.
If you move to another borough, this will normally end your entitlement to Housing Benefit. You may need to claim Universal Credit when you move to your new address. Check with the council of the area you are moving to.