What you need to tell us

If you are already getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and you do not tell us about changes in your circumstances, you could be paid too much benefit and have to pay back the overpayment.

Changes in your circumstance that will affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support include:

  • address
  • income, wages or savings
  • tax credits
  • pension
  • Income Support or Jobseeker's Allowance
  • income of other people living in your home
  • someone else moves into your property
  • your children leaving school or starting work
  • anyone in your household going into hospital
  • leaving the country
  • birth of a child
  • amount of rent you pay.

Tell us about a change in your circumstances

Use the online form below to tell us about a change in your circumstances.

The form is only available at these times:
Monday to Friday: 7am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 8pm
Sunday: 9am to 5pm

Tell us about a change in your circumstances

If you are not sure if you should tell us about a change, ask the Benefits team at benefits@royalgreenwich.gov.uk or on 020 8921 4900 

Change of address

If you are moving and staying within Royal Greenwich, this will be a change of circumstance on your existing claim - you do not need to make a new application.

If you move to another borough, this will normally end your entitlement to Housing Benefit. You may need to claim Universal Credit when you move to your new address. Check with the council of the area you are moving to.