Booking a training course
The Welfare Rights Service run training courses on subjects such as Introduction to Benefits, Universal Credit and Personal Independent Payments. We also run courses on other social welfare topics, such as housing and debt. You can view our current training programme here.
Before making a booking
Our courses are for professional staff, advisers and volunteers who support local residents. We also invite bookings from organisations who provide advice in other areas.
Please check that the course is suitable for you. Some courses have criteria that you must meet, for example a particular level of experience.
To discuss whether the course is suitable for you, contact the Welfare Rights Training team.
Making a booking
Email your completed booking to email@example.com.
Please note: We can only refund the booking fee if you cancel, in writing, at least five weeks before the date of the course.
What happens next
When we receive your booking, we'll send you:
- an email confirmation
- an invoice (if you have to pay)
- joining instructions (10 to 14 days before the course).
We'll send the confirmation and joining instructions by email, unless you request otherwise. If you don't receive these, please contact the Welfare Rights Training team.
Please note: Do not attend a course unless you have received confirmation of your place.
Our courses are currently delivered online to adapt to the current environment. We hope to be able to deliver face to face courses again soon.
Our scheduled online courses are being delivered via Zoom. Training materials will be emailed to you. Full one-day training courses will be split over two consecutive days, for example a Wednesday and Thursday morning.
There will be regular scheduled breaks during our Zoom training sessions. For example, for three-hour training sessions there will either be one 30-minute break, or two 15-minute breaks..
Our courses are £100 (whole day) or £50 (part day and seminars) for the following organisations:
- Housing associations (including voluntary services run by housing associations)
- Social Enterprises (including voluntary services run by Social Enterprises)
- Solicitors, Trade Unions and similar organisations
- Advisers from outside the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The courses are free for the following organisations:
- Royal Borough of Greenwich Council employees and advisers
- Health Service employees
- Local community groups or voluntary sector advice services who work with Greenwich residents.
You must make a cancellation in writing, or by email or fax, at least one week before the course.
We charge an administration fee of £75 for:
- all cancellations received with less than a week's notice (irrespective of the reason for cancellation)
- non-attendance without cancellation
- incomplete attendance.
We can also come to your organisation or team, and tailor our training to suit your needs. The session could be anything from an hour to a whole day. These courses are best for groups between eight and 20 participants.
For more information on how we can help with your organisations training needs, and in-house course fees, contact the Welfare Rights Training team.