Children's centres in Royal Greenwich
Children's centres offer families access to a range of services in one location. Children's centres are located across Royal Greenwich.
Early years education and childcare provision
- early learning and childcare
- support for childminders
- links to local schools and out-of-school activities
- early identification of children with special needs and disabilities
- information and advice about childcare services and funding to support childcare costs.
Family support and parental outreach
- family visits in the first two months of a child's life
- information and advice for parents and carers from Families Information Service about available services, organisations and activities
- support and advice on parenting and other activities that increase awareness of child development
- strategies that increase the involvement of fathers.
Children and family health services
- antenatal advice
- mental health and emotional support
- help to stop smoking
- information and guidance on breastfeeding, hygiene, nutrition and safety.
- links with Jobcentre Plus and Greenwich Local Labour and Business (GLLaB)
- advice on training and employment.
Children's centres can also provide many other services depending on local needs and parental choices.