Protecting children

If you are concerned about a child's safety or wellbeing or you want help to look after your own child, you should contact Children's Services at Royal Borough of Greenwich.

Our priority is to help parents look after their children. We know that with a little help, most families can sort out their difficulties.

How and when to contact us

If a child is in immediate danger, you should always call the police on 999.

Anyone who is concerned about a child's safety or wellbeing can contact us using the details below:

When you contact us, we will talk to you to find out about your concerns. If it's clear that a child is at risk, we will make some enquiries and arrange to meet with the child and the parents or carers.

What Children's Services does

While all children have basic needs which should be met through education, leisure and health services, we can provide extra support and services to the children who most need them.

We aim to provide services that:

  • prevent family breakdown
  • avoid children being separated from their families and communities
  • promote the health, education and social development of children within their own families
  • prevent children from suffering harm and abuse
  • ensure that children only enter the care system when their family circumstances have broken down
  • protect children who have been harmed.

Greenwich Safeguarding Children Partnership website

Agency referrals

Agencies can use the inter-agency referral form to refer a child to children's social care for safeguarding and or Early Help Services.”