Sparkle in the Park additional information
Sparkle in the Park is a free event for Royal Greenwich residents. You will be asked to show proof of address along with your ticket at the event.
- The pathways for the trail are on park pathways as well as a custom-built plastic pathway. There are some slight inclines but they are wheelchair friendly.
- There will be some moving light effects but no strobe lighting.
- Accessible toilets will be provided.
- Accessible parking will be available directly outside the entrance gate on Avery Hill Road.
- If you want to discuss your needs please email email@example.com
- You will be required to give contact information when booking your ticket. This is for test and trace purposes.
- The light trail follows a one-way system around Avery Hill park. Please maintain social distancing at all times and stay 2m+ away from other groups.
- Face coverings are recommended for your visit and we ask that you use hand sanitiser upon entry to the site and when using the toilet facilities.
- You must bring your own pen if you want to do the Sparkle in the Park Nutcracker Trail sponsored by U+I.
- Please follow government guidelines at all times during your visit and contact us to cancel this booking if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have been told to self-isolate.
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- You have recently (within the last 14 days) travelled to an area with restrictions in place either in the UK or abroad.
- If you show any symptoms after the event, ensure you get tested as soon as possible. If the test is positive please contact the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Tests can be booked online through NHS testing and tracing website.
There are a limited number of tickets available therefore, if you book a ticket and can no longer make your slot, please cancel your ticket so that someone else can enjoy the festivities.
Sparkle in the Park will follow the government’s COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change or cancellation at short notice. If we need to cancel the event, we will email residents who have booked tickets via Eventbrite and update our website and social media channels.
Dogs are not permitted around the light trail, except for service dogs.
The entrance to the event site is off Avery Hill Road by the corner of Bexley Road.
Food and drink
We will have stalls where food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased. These will be accessible at the beginning and end of the lights trail. No seating will be provided.
We ask that you do not bring your own food or drink and that you support the local traders at this event.
There will be no dedicated parking at the event. We encourage residents to arrive on foot or by public transport where possible.
- Tickets are free for Royal Greenwich residents only. You must bring along proof of address to the event site as well as your ticket.
- Tickets must be prebooked on Eventbrite. There will be no entry without a valid ticket to the event. Ticket bar codes will be scanned on entry please have them ready on arrival.
- Tickets are limited for each time slot to ensure social distancing and you must arrive within your booked time slot. Take as long as you need to complete the one-way route, but you cannot re-enter the trail. To safeguard all staff and visitors, you will have to queue outside on entry, please be prepared in case of inclement weather.
- Group bookings are limited to six people. However, please be aware that this may change and you will be expected to follow the most recent government guidelines at the time of the event.
- Babies in pushchairs count towards the strict capacity of the event, therefore will need their own ticket. Babies in a sling or baby pouch won’t need their own ticket.
Portable event toilets will be available within the food area and will be accessible at the beginning and end of the trail. We ask you to use these when passing them where possible, rather than double back and break the one-way system.