The Sport Ambassador Programme supports young people into a career in coaching.
It is a flexible training programme providing young people with an insight into future careers in the sport industry while enabling local sport employers to attract and retain future talent.
As part of the programme, young people will attend a three-hour activator workshop in a sporting area of their choice, followed by a minimum of 10 hours’ sport coach volunteering with one of our local sport partners. They will have the opportunity to complete multiple activator workshops in a variety of sports areas including football, dodgeball, multi-sports and sport in parks and open spaces.
The Sport Ambassador Programme provides young people with:
- certificates and qualifications in sport courses
- secured work experience with local sport partners
- mentoring from local partners
- progression onto Level 1 or 2 sport coaching qualifications
- employability skills workshops to gain transferrable skills
- advice on future careers and opportunities
- potential employment opportunities at GLL, CACT, Cray Wanderers Community Scheme, Peabody
To apply for the Sport Ambassador Programme, you must be:
- 16-24 years’ old
- live in Royal Greenwich
- currently not in employment, education or training
- interested in gaining certificates and qualifications in sport related courses.
Upcoming activator workshops
Sport in parks and open spaces
Thursday 19 September, 4.30pm-7.30pm
Sporting Club Thamesmead, Bayliss Avenue, SE28 8NJ
Dodgeball / boxing
Tuesday 22 October, 1pm-4pm
Woolwich Community Youth club, Block 2, Nightingale Place, SE18 4HX
Applications are accepted up until the day before each workshop.