Sustainable travel to local schools
The Sustainable Mode of Travel Strategy builds on the Royal Borough of Greenwich's school travel plan, which promotes sustainable travel for the journey to and from school.
It also includes:
- An assessment of the transport and travel needs of pupils
- An audit of the existing travel and transport infrastructure
Objectives and targets of the strategy
The four main targets within the Sustainable Mode of Travel Strategy are:
- A reduction in road casualties and danger
- Less congestion on the roads around schools and better air quality in the vicinity of schools
- Healthier and more independent children as a result of increased walking and cycling
- Improved accessibility of schools - removing barriers to sustainable school travel
If you have any questions regarding the strategy or sustainable modes of travel in Royal Greenwich, please contact our school travel plan coordinator.