Support for the wider workforce
A steering group for the continuing professional development for school support staff meets each school term. We have developed a clear and accessible career progression route for the wider workforce in Royal Greenwich schools.
The provision of training opportunities is ever increasing and so we work with stakeholders to provide a range of programmes to meet demands.
Induction and training programmes
All school staff are encouraged to continue their professional development. The School Workforce Team informs schools and support staff of opportunities which may be available to them.
Some of the programmes we are involved with include:
- Support staff information meetings
- NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NVQ in Business and Administration
- NVQ in Learning, Development and Support Services
- School Business Management network and training
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) network.