Rate relief for sports clubs

Registered Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) can apply for business rates relief.

To qualify, a sports club must:

  • be open to the whole community
  • be run as an amateur club
  • be a non-profit making organisation
  • aim to provide facilities for, and encourage people to take part in eligible sport.

How to apply

Register as a Community Amateur Sports Club (HMRC Inland Revenue website)

Apply for Community Amateur Sports Club relief

After you apply

We'll consider your application and tell you of the decision. If you're successful, we'll apply the relief to your business rate account.

If you're unsuccessful, we'll write explaining why you don't qualify.