Opportunities for businesses
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has secured Night-Time Enterprise Zone funding from the Mayor of London to deliver a programme of activities to boost our high streets, and increase activity after 6pm. We want to ensure that local businesses benefit from the initiative. The programme, called Woolwich Lates, includes:
- An events and performance programme to increase footfall and visitors in the evening
- A promotional campaign focused on the night-time shopping and visitor offer in Woolwich
- Community safety initiatives to make the public feel safer when visiting the area at night
We are inviting local businesses to get involved and be part of our campaign. This provides a good opportunity to actively encourage people to stay longer and spend more throughout the day and into the evening.
From music to theatre, art exhibitions, fitness classes, late night markets and festivals, there will be plenty for visitors to explore, with loads of family-friendly offerings on the programme too.
Woolwich Lates Programme
The programme builds on the exciting range of top attractions, entertainment and food options there are in Woolwich. The area is home to some outstanding spots in which to spend the evenings with family or friends.
Offers and activities - some ideas on how to get involved:
- Staying open later into the evening.
- Dressing your shop window
- If you’re a café or restaurant: run a themed menu
- If you’re a hotel or guesthouse: offer a special incentive to encourage residents to invite friends/family to stay over.
- Discounts or added value offers, e.g. 10% off, 2for1, free drink with a meal.
- Run a social media competition with prizes and/or discounts for the event audiences.
- Work with nearby businesses to create a special package of offers
- Consider some in-store entertainment
- Make sure you use the #WoolwichLates hashtag to show you’re part of the programme.
What we will do:
- Provide you with a window sticker to show that you are supporting Woolwich Lates
- Promote your event on our website and via our social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Retweet and share your posts.
- Please make sure you tag @Royal_Greenwich and use the hashtag #WoolwichLates so that it gets picked up by our over 75K followers across our social media channels.
You can choose to offer a promotion for just a specific event or extend it for a longer period leading up to Christmas or beyond. Please email the business team with details about your promotional offer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwich One Card
If you are not signed up already, the Greenwich One Card scheme is a good way for businesses in Royal Greenwich to share special offers with people who live, work and study locally, to increase trade. You can even promote time-limited offers to make the best of increased footfall from residents and visitors during seasonal holidays and large events. To benefit from the free promotion if offers, visit: royalgreenwich.gov.uk/OneCard
You can also extend the offer to visitors, who don’t hold a Greenwich One Card. To do so, make sure you include ‘will be valid upon mention of Woolwich Lates’ in the description, when listing your offer.
if you have any questions, or a suggestion, please email the Business Team at: email@example.com
The Enjoy Local website, launched with Visit Greenwich, promotes businesses to people who live, work or study in the borough. List your business for free for extra, free promotion.
Do you have any questions about Woolwich Lates? Email the business team on firstname.lastname@example.org.