How to deal with pests

To enquire about or request a pest treatment of your property, get in touch with our pest control contractor Monitor Pest Control. The contractor provides a dedicated service for treating a range of pests, including:

  • bedbugs, fleas and cockroaches
  • mice and rats
  • wasps

Factsheets and top tips on common pests:

Download genereal advice on pest control treatment

Pest treatment rates and treatment requests

Select the relevant category to view the rates and make a booking.

Number and length of treatments

Treatments can be very complex and several factors will need to be taken into account to estimate how long the treatment will take. These can be the size of the property, the number of rooms and the extent of the infestation.

General advice

If you require general pest control advice that does not include booking treatments, email

What we don't cover

Please note the Royal Borough does not undertake any type of treatment for urban foxes, squirrels or birds. You can find some advice that may help you deal with these below.


You can visit the Fox Project website for advice on foxes. You can help to keep foxes at bay by:

  • ensuring that bins are securely shut
  • not leaving rubbish sacks beside your wheelie bin
  • never feeding foxes.

More help with fox problems

Birds and squirrels

We recommend that you contact your landlord or a private pest control company. If your landlord refuses to take action, you may contact the Environmental Health Team for help and advice.