Noise level limits in large construction sites
The Council can also set maximum noise levels at particular locations.
Chosen locations are normally outside of the nearest noise sensitive properties to the construction activities. The developer is required to take noise measurements at our chosen locations (usually twice daily).
Recording the details
The results are passed on to the Council on a weekly basis. If the maximum level is exceeded, the developer must take action to lower the noise level. All such actions must be recorded and the details immediately passed on to the Council.
Major construction sites can cause significant levels of noise. Construction works include:
- demolition of buildings or roads
- maintenance of buildings or roads
- repair of buildings or roads
- erection of buildings or roads
- construction of buildings or roads
- any work of engineering construction.