How to submit a planning application
Anyone can make a planning application, regardless of who owns the land or buildings concerned. If you're not the owner or not wholly the owner, you need to inform the owner or co-owners.
You can appoint a planning agent or another qualified professional like a builder or architect to make an application on your behalf.
The best way to apply is through the Planning Portal. Here, you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and calculate fees all in one place.
The benefits of applying online include:
- you can work on your applications in draft before submission
- immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- a streamlined payment process
- savings on postage and printing costs
- guidance at every stage and step-by-step video tutorials
- an online record of your completed application.
Apply online for planning permission
If you choose not to apply online, you can download our planning forms from the Planning Portal and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application documents are published on this website as part of our statutory planning register. All documents submitted must be of a quality that is easily readable in digital form whether scanned or submitted digitally.