What is the mutual exchange scheme?

Want to move to a different size property or to another area? The mutual exchange scheme allows tenants to swap their home for another tenant's home.

Who can use the scheme?

It is open to council and housing association tenants. All landlords must agree before an exchange can go ahead.

What do I need to do?

To improve your chances of finding an exchange, register on the House Exchange website. This allows you to advertise your property and look at other properties in Royal Greenwich, South East England and other areas of the country.

You can also apply for Mutual Exchange by completing the Royal Borough of Greenwich's Mutual Exchange registration form. Email housing-allocations@royalgreenwich.gov.uk to ask for a form.

Applicants who are registered can search for a Mutual Exchange in Royal Greenwich.