Schools and central children's services budgets and spending
We publish budget and spending information on schools and central children's services annually. These statements are required by legislation under section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009.
Section 251 schools budget statement
Local authorities are required under Section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 to annually publish an education and children's social care budget statement.
This statement contains financial information about how much the Local Authority intends to spend on:
- schools budget
- de-delegated items
- high needs budget
- early years budget
- central provision within the schools budget
- children's and young people's services.
The statement comprises three tables:
- Table 1 - Local Authority level information
- Table 2 - School table high needs and alternative provision settings information
- Early Years pro forma.
Section 251 budget outturn statement for the financial year 2015-16
Local authorities are required under section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 to publish a Section 251 budget outturn statement.
The prescribed period for this outturn statement is 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016.
The Section 251 outturn statement provides actual income and spending information (as opposed to budgeted amount):
- Table A - Spending by schools and the local authority within the schools budget
- Table A1 - Expenditure on Children's and Young People's Services including Sure Start Children's Centres and services for young people
- Table B - School level information, with a summary of individual schools' expenditure in respect of the 2015-16 financial year.