Help shape a borough-wide equality charter
Royal Greenwich is a vibrant, dynamic borough and home to many diverse communities – which is one of our greatest strengths. However, this diversity also presents challenges and inequalities which need to be addressed to make sure our borough is a place where everyone can succeed and prosper, no matter what your background.
We have developed an Equality and Equity Charter for review which sets out pledges to promote the values of equality, diversity and inclusion. We have a key role in shaping what life is like in Royal Greenwich, but we cannot do this alone.
We have been asking for your views on shaping the charter, however the consulation is now closed. Stay up-to-date by checking this webpage for the latest information.
Read the Royal Greenwich Equality and Equity Charter below.
Royal Borough of Greenwich Equality and Equity Charter
Everybody counts – a pledge for equality across Royal Greenwich
Royal Greenwich is a vibrant borough with a growing diverse population. We share an ambition to create a fairer, safer, accessible and inclusive borough where everyone feels they belong, has a voice and an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
We are committed to making a real difference by:
- making Royal Greenwich a welcoming borough where everyone feels they belong
- inspiring trust and confidence in all the borough has to offer
- recognising, valuing and celebrating diversity
- listening to and understanding the diverse needs of all people
- building good relations and understanding between people
- creating a fairer borough through promoting inclusion, participation and equal access
- challenging discrimination, harassment, bullying, hate crime and victimisation
- eliminating barriers, encouraging a growth mindset, raising aspirations and creating opportunities for growth beyond limit.
As an organisation we will:
- actively promote equality
- work with partners and the community to make our information, services and products more accessible and inclusive
- put equal opportunity at the heart of our recruitment, employee development and service delivery
- continually review the diversity of our workforce and ensure it’s representative of our local community across all levels
- address all allegations of discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation
- promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
- share good equality practice with our partners
- measure and share our progress and success.