Equality objectives and information
Royal Borough of Greenwich's equality objectives are published every four years.
Equality objectives 2016 to 2020
- Ensure that our services are accessible and achieve outcomes consistent with our responsibilities under the Act.
- Foster good community relations and promote social cohesion.
- Improve our understanding of the needs of different communities in the borough, to better inform and provide our services.
- Treat our staff equitably in all areas of employment including recruitment, career development, pay and training.
- Aim to make our workforce representative of the local community. This includes representation at different pay grades.
- Tackle hate crime and harassment, and promote community safety and social cohesion.
- Tackle harassment and bullying in the workplace through empowering staff to speak out against bullying when they experience or witness it.
- Close the gap in outcomes for citizens.
- Ensure that our residents and staff are aware of how the Equalities Act and Royal Greenwich Equality Policy protects them.
Each year the Royal Borough publishes information demonstrating how it has complied with the equality duties.
Reports available on request includes:
- reports of equality impact assessments on key decisions
- departmental service/business plans
- consultation results.