How we will ensure the equality policy is carried out
We will seek to:
- ensure that equality is fully integrated into mainstream service planning, commissioning, management and delivery
- carry out equality impact assessments on all relevant key decisions
- monitor services and council employment by equality criteria
- publish specific and measurable equality objectives
- publish information showing how we have complied with our legal responsibilities
- provide training and information for our staff to ensure they are aware of the policy and able to apply it when carrying out their duties
- consult with stakeholders where appropriate.
Fostering good relations
To "foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it", the Royal Borough will use positive images and report positive stories in our publications and on our website:
- implement policies to support community cohesion through community engagement, cultural and leisure activities
- work closely with partner organisations in the voluntary, private and statutory sectors.