European Parliamentary Elections
European Parliamentary Elections will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019
- Polling hours are 7am to 10pm
- Find your polling station
- List of parties and individual candidates nominated and notice of poll
Register to vote
- The deadline for applications to register to vote at this election is Tuesday 7 May
- You can register to vote here
- EU citizens resident in Royal Greenwich who want to vote in the UK at this election must also complete a European Parliamentary Registration form. Forms have been sent to all EU citizens currently registered in Royal Greenwich.
- The deadline for receipt of EU Registration forms is Tuesday 7 May
- Download the European Union citizens – European Parliament voter registration form.
- Return the form by email to email@example.com or post/deliver to: Electoral Services, Town Hall, Wellington Street, Woolwich, SE18 6PW
If you are unable to vote in person on Thursday 23 May, you may wish to apply to vote by post or by proxy.
Voting by post
- The deadline for receipt of new applications to vote by post is: 5pm, Wednesday 8 May
- The deadline to cancel or make changes to existing postal votes is: 5pm, Wednesday 8 May
- Download a postal vote application form.
- Postal ballot packs for electors who applied up to 9 April 2019 will be sent out around 7 May 2019
- Postal ballot packs for applications received after 9 April will be sent out around 16 May 2019
Voting by proxy
- The deadline for receipt of new applications to vote by proxy is: 5pm, Wednesday 15 May
- The deadline to cancel or make changes to existing proxy votes is: 5pm, Wednesday 8 May
- You can apply to vote by proxy on Your Vote Matters.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich holds elections for local councillors every four years. The last local election was on Thursday 3 May 2018.
London Assembly and London Mayor elections are also held every four years. The next London elections will be in 2020.
In the UK General Parliamentary Election, residents vote to elect their Member of Parliament (MP). This is usually held every five years.
In order to vote, you must be registered.
More information on our Electoral Services here.