What to take to your appointment
You'll need to take the following to your appointment:
- the red book issued to you at the hospital
- your passport, driving licence or birth certificate
- your marriage certificate - if you're married
- deed poll documents - if you've changed your name by deed poll.
You'll need to provide the following details at the appointment:
Details of the baby
- the date, time and place of the birth
- the baby's sex
- the forenames and surname.
Details of the mother
- the mother's full name (and maiden name if married)
- the mother's date and place of birth
- the mother's current occupation
- the mother's address.
Details of the father
- the father's full name
- the father's date and place of birth
- the father's current occupation
- the father's address (if different from the mother's address).