- What we do
The aim of the Community Champions initiative is to provide up to date advice and information on coronavirus, reaching as many people in Greenwich as possible. The Champions having received the advice and information will be encourages to forward these messages to their friends, families and extended networks
Anyone can sign up and to make this work we need people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, faiths, ages and interests to reflect the diversity of Greenwich.
Being a Community Champion is a voluntary activity supporting the Royal Greenwich and NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (Greenwich). By participating you are agreeing for us to process your personal information so that we can provide relevant information to you and monitor the success of the project.
- Why we need your information and how we use it
The information you provide us with will be used to undertake the following:
- For the purpose of contacting you, providing welcome packs and other information that cannot be sent electronically and to ensure we have a good representation of Champions across Greenwich
- For the purpose of sending you the Covid-19 and related messages (where you have requested this method) to share with your friends, families and other networks as part of your role as a Community Champion;
- For equality of opportunity and treatment, to ensure our champions represent the diversity within the borough
- What type of information we collect
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Age range
- Who we may share your information with
Your data may be shared with the following:
- internal departments that are involved in the initiative
- Clinical commissioning groups (CCG)
- How long we keep your information
Providing COVID-related information to keep you and your friends and families safe
You can let us know if you no longer wish to participate at any time.
We will only hold use your personal data for as long as necessary to conduct this project, which is a task in the public interest, and for reasons of substantial public interest
To ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you, to rectify inaccurate information, to restrict processing or object to processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about how the council handles your information please email: email@example.com