Culture, Tourism and Heritage
- What we do
The Culture, Tourism and Heritage team lead on the development and delivery of strategic services and support across the sectors for the benefit of residents and sector organisations. The Council is responsible for holding items of historic or heritage significance that have been donated for exhibition or research purposes. The Royal Greenwich Heritage Trust acts on the Council’s behalf in managing the Council’s collection of historic heritage objects.
- Why we need your information and how we use it
The information you provide us with will be used to undertake the following:
- Keep a register of cultural, tourism and heritage organisations and professionals in the Borough who have applied for funding or advice etc.
- Measure whether our services are improving provision for local residents
- Help us develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to government departments
- If an item is donated the Royal Greenwich Heritage Trust will collect information from you to be included in the records of the object(s) that you are donating. Anonymously donated objects cannot be accepted. We use your information to help understand the history of the object and we may use your information to contact you in case we need to ask questions relating to your knowledge of the history of the object. Additionally, we may need to contact you if there is a problem with your donation or the legal ownership of an object is challenged.
If the above information is not provided this will hinder us in carrying out our duties and obligations.
- What is our power to obtain and use personal data?
We are allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons:
- Consent of the individual
- For public tasks or statutory functions
- For legitimate interests
- What type of information we collect
Information is collected in order to provide updates and opportunities to interested individuals/organisations or invitations to specific events. We also need to understand the sector landscape:
- organisation name (if appropriate)
- (organisation) address
- email address
- contact number
- type or organisation/genre/ activity
- If you are donating an object, we will also seek information about how you found or acquired the object
- Who we may share your information with
Your data may be shared with the following:
- internal departments
- other external local authorities (arts, culture, tourism, heritage, regeneration departments)
- governing/funding bodies
- government agencies
- Strategic partners
- other third-party organisations, as allowed by law
- other partner agencies that provide services on our behalf
- agencies with whom we have a duty to co-operate, such as police
- How long we keep your information
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. If you donate an object to the collection, your personal data will be retained for the length of time that the Council or the Royal Greenwich Heritage Trust holds the object that you have donated.
- Version date
- June 2019