Beresford Square Market
- Beresford Square Market
London SE18 6AY
- Map reference
A Council-run market, dating back to the 1600s, selling general goods at bargain prices.
When you visit the market
If you or a member of your household have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, you must not visit the market. You must stay at home, and follow NHS guidelines.
To minimise the use of public transport, consider walking or cycling to the market if possible.
A one-way system has been put in place in parts of the market area where space is restricted. This will enable visitors to access and exit the market to all local TfL bus and train routes. This also means that visitors will be able to to walk around the stalls that are open for business in a safe and controlled way.
Some market stalls will have a different entry point and will limit the number of customers on their pitch at a time. Please wait until the trader beckons you forward before entering their stall.
When you visit the market you must:
- stay 2 metres away from other people, and where possible visit the market alone
- observe the social distancing markers that are in place throughout the market
- avoid any unnecessary contact with other people
- wash your hands regularly - public toilets are open adjacent to the gate on Beresford Street
We also recommend wearing a face covering when visiting the market.
Advice for traders
If any trader or member of their household have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, you must not attend the market. You must stay at home, and follow NHS guidelines.
The street trading team will provide advice and support to traders to help you commence trading again, including how to manage queuing systems and serving customers safely.
It is essential you follow public health advice to ensure the safety of all traders and customers by:
- washing your hands regularly with soap and warm water
- encouraging contactless card payments where possible
- asking customers not to touch your products unnecessarily
- keeping market stalls clean by wiping them regularly
- ensuring your customers adhere to the social distancing and queue markers that are in place
You might also like to wear disposable gloves to limit contact with customers and disposable face coverings to prevent the spread of the virus.
If you need any further advice or support, you can email the street trading team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times
Monday to Wednesday: 9am to 4pm
Thursday: 9am to 1pm
Friday and Saturday: 9am to 4.30pm
A Sunday Market is open from 21 October 2018 to 30 December 2018 (9am to 5pm).
- 020 8921 5703
- Disabled access