The Royal Greenwich Festivals
Top quality cultural events in Royal Greenwich
The Royal Borough is recognised as a place rich in culture, arts and entertainment and the array of events on offer as part of the Royal Greenwich Festivals provides opportunities for local residents to participate in the cultural energy and vibrancy of Royal Greenwich.
The Royal Greenwich Festivals have now finished for 2014. Here is a quick overview of the events that took place:
Greenwich Children's Theatre Festival
5 to 19 April 2014
An exciting two weeks of theatre, puppetry, storytelling and interactive fun from leading UK children's theatre companies. Unmissable performances and exciting workshops for young people aged 0 to 25 and families, in venues across Royal Greenwich.
Greenwich + Docklands International Festival
20 to 28 June 2014
London's leading annual festival of extraordinary free outdoor performing arts, with over 50 events from leading UK and international artists.
- Muaré: This large-scale spectacular by Voalá creates a psychedelic world in which aerialists descend from giant revolving mobiles, accompanied by electrifying live music from Duchamp Pilot (Friday 20 June, National Maritime Museum)
- Greenwich Fair: Three days of theatre, dance and games at the Old Royal Naval College and Cutty Sark Gardens (Friday 20 to Sunday 22 June)
- War Correspondents: This powerful fusion of testimony, music and physicality uncovers the stories and life-changing experiences of war journalists (Friday 20 to Sunday 22 June, the Skittle Alley at the Old Royal Naval College)
- Deblozay: Join French company Rara Woulib in conjuring the ghosts of the city's departed for this joyous pilgrimage, inspired by Haitian culture's approach to death (Friday 20 and Saturday 21 June, location to be announced)
- Arka: A huge winged ship sets sail, accompanied by thrilling fire effects and haunting Balkan wedding music to tell a powerful story of the scattering of communities in war. Presented by Polish theatre company Teatr Ósmego Dnia (Saturday 28 June, Royal Artillery Square, Woolwich)
1 June to 3 August 2014
A programme of free summer events in Greenwich parks.
Royal Greenwich Music Festivals
June to September 2014
A programme of music activities and events delivered in venues, parks and open spaces across Royal Greenwich.
12 July to 7 September 2014
A festival celebrating dance and movement and focusing on wellbeing, togetherness and creativity.
Get moving at free workshops across Royal Greenwich, experience performances and pop-up activity during the Tall Ships Festival and enjoy an alfresco dance film.
Greenwich Music Time
20 to 23 August 2014
A programme of iconic musicians at the stunning Old Royal Naval College. The line-up includes The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Goldfrapp, Russell Watson with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.
NB: This event is not part of The Royal Greenwich Festivals.
Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Festival
5 to 9 September 2014
This September, Greenwich will be the final port for the prestigious Falmouth - Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta.
As well as the chance to view and go on board up to 50 magnificent tall ships, a host of entertainment and cultural activities will take place on the shoreside.