We are taking steps to make the Royal Greenwich website accessible for all users. You can change how the website looks to make it easier for you to use and get around.
What we've done to be accessible
Our pages have been built to conform as closely as possible to the Web Accessibility Initiative's AA standard.
We are taking steps to make the Royal Borough of Greenwich website accessible for all users. Several 'Access keys' are configured to navigate the website.
Text sizes and colours
You can change the text size and colour scheme to one that best suits your needs.
Access keys are a navigation device enabling you to get around the main web site using your keyboard. They can be used to jump to different sections of content across the main site.
The available access keys are:
- S - skip to content
- 1 - Homepage
- 2 - Whats new
- 3 - Site map
- 4 - Search facility
- 5 - Frequently asked questions
- 6 - A to Z of services
- 7 - Complaints procedure (Contacting the Council page)
- 8 - Terms and disclaimer
- 9 - Feedback facility
- 0 - Access key details (this page)
Access keys are operated differently depending on the operating system and/or browser you use:
- Internet Explorer 5, 6, 7 and 8: Hold down the 'Alt' key, press the access key, release both keys then press 'Enter'.
- Firefox, Mozilla 2+: Hold down the 'Alt' & 'Shift' key and press the access key.
- Google Chrome: Hold down the 'Alt' key and press the access key.
- Opera: Hold down the 'Shift' key and press 'Escape', release both keys, then press the access key.
- Firefox, Mozilla: Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and press the access key.
- Safari and Omniweb: Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and the access key.
Links and form elements
In most browsers, you can use the 'Tab' key to move between links without having to use the mouse. When you are on a link you wish to visit, pressing 'Enter' will take you to the linked page.
If you are in a form, you can also use the 'Tab' key to move between form elements (such as text boxes and radio buttons). Where there are options, for example in a drop-down menu, you can use the arrow keys to select your desired option. When you want to submit or cancel a form, tab through to the relevant button and press the 'Enter' key.
All of our content is checked for plain English, and we aim to use a written style which is straightforward and easy to understand.
Our website holds the Internet Crystal Mark awarded by the Plain English Campaign.
You can call the Royal Borough of Greenwich using SignVideo Web Access, an online interpreting service, from home, for free.