Anti-social behaviour

Reporting anti-social behaviour

In an emergency or at the time an incident is taking place you should always call 999 and report anti-social behaviour to the police. If it is an incident that has already happened and does not need an immediate response, report it to the police by dialling 101 (the national police non-emergency number).

Anti-social behaviour is a serious problem that can cause much distress and nuisance. The Royal Borough of Greenwich is working with partners, such as the Metropolitan Police, to use all the tools and powers available to deal with the minority of residents who behave anti-socially.

If you witness anti-social behaviour or are a victim of anti-social behaviour, report the incident as soon as possible.

Private residents - ongoing and non-urgent incidents

You can report non-urgent incidents of anti-social behaviour by contacting the Royal Borough of Greenwich's Anti-Social Behaviour Team.

If it is an ongoing situation, keep a record of the events in a diary noting the dates, times, what you see or hear and how the behaviour affects you.

Council and housing association tenants

If you are a council tenant or leaseholder, contact the Royal Borough of Greenwich's Housing Services team at

Download the information booklet for council housing tenants and leaseholders

If you are a housing association tenant, you should report the problem to your housing association.

Police Safer Neighbourhoods Teams

Another way to report anti-social behaviour is by contacting your local police Safer Neighbourhoods Team.

Find contact details for your local Safer Neighbourhoods Team (Metropolitan Police website)

Your privacy

When you report anti-social behaviour you can choose to withhold your name or personal details, although doing so may prevent an effective investigation and resolution to your complaint, and it will mean that we cannot give you information about action taken.