Arrange a bulky waste collection
Special waste collection service
For a fee, you can arrange for us to remove bulky items of household waste using our special collection service.
If you live in a private block of flats, you should contact your managing agent first as they may have a system in place for collection.
Make a collection appointment
Call Street Services on 020 8921 4661 to arrange an appointment for collection. There's a standard charge of £10 per item.
You'll need to provide:
- your name, address and telephone number
- details of the items to be collected
- payment details (credit card or debit card).
We define one item as something that is naturally bought as a set, such as:
- bedstead (or divan) with mattress
- a dining table with up to six chairs.
List of the items we collect
We'll collect the following items for a fixed fee of £10 per item:
- fridges (empty)
- freezers (empty)
- washing machines
- table and chairs
- carpet (cut up into manageable sizes, bagged and securely tied, so that one person can carry it)
- internal doors
- fencing (£10 per fence panel)
- soil, rubble and tiles (must be bagged - £2.50 per small bag, minimum charge of £10).
We also collect other items, and will give you an estimate on the cost of collection:
- fitted kitchens and bathroom suites
- large logs, tree trunks and garden furniture
We do not collect household chemicals and paint - but City of London provides a hazardous waste collection service.
If your items are suitable for reuse, let us know at the time of booking. We work with the homeless charity Emmaus UK, who rely on donations of good quality furniture and household goods.
What to do on collection day
Please make sure that you:
- put out only the items that you have booked for collection
- have the items at the front of your property by 6am on appointment day
- take care not to obstruct the pavement or street.
We'll only collect items that are listed for collection and that the collection crew can access.
If your items are not collected on appointment day, inform Street Services immediately - call 020 8921 4661.
Cancelling a collection appointment
Call Street Services on 020 8921 4661 to cancel an appointment.
To receive a refund, collections need to be cancelled at least 48 hours before the appointment date.
Other ways to dispose of bulky items
If the items are in working order and of good quality, you could donate them to a charity or pass them on through a reuse network, such as Emmaus UK.
You can also recycle the following:
Alternatively, you may wish to: