Highway records

Information on highway records

As a member of the public, you can inspect records during normal office hours.

The Royal Borough of Greenwich keeps records of:

  • street adoptions
  • stopping up orders
  • diversion orders
  • modification orders
  • reclassification orders.

We hold a register that includes information such as road classification numbers, ward location and whether maintenance is publicly or privately funded.

Download the road register

We also keep 1:1250 ordnance survey maps of the adopted and unadopted streets.

Highways over private land

The land which a highway passes over may be privately owned, but the Highway Authority has powers and responsibilities which take priority over this. Responsibility for the land will only revert to the owner if the highway is 'stopped up' by a Highway Order.

Contact Highway Records

Regeneration, Enterprise and Skills
Crown Building
48 Woolwich New Road
London SE18 6HQ