20mph zones in Greenwich
Current and planned 20mph zones
We are introducing 20mph speed limits in more residential streets across the borough to make our streets even safer.
Three new 20mph zones have been consulted on and are due to be introduced in the first half of 2016 in:
- William Barefoot Drive, Eltham
- Weigall Road, Kidbrooke
- Kingsman Street, Woolwich.
Future 20mph zones
More new 20mph zones will be introduced later this year in the areas around and including:
- Anstridge Road, Eltham
- Norman Road, Greenwich
- Westbrook Road (east of Kidbrooke Park Road), Kidbrooke
- Archery Road & North Park, Eltham
- Greenwich Millennium Village, Greenwich.
More 20mph zones are planned for 2017 and beyond. These will be prioritised based on the number and severity of collisions and their location - for example, whether they are close to a school.