Introduction to occupational therapy
If an illness, disability, accident or frailty means you have difficulty carrying out everyday activities and you are eligible for community care services, the occupational therapy service can support you in becoming more independent at home.
The occupational therapy team can:
- assess your individual needs
- help you to regain skills that you have lost because of illness or disability
- identify equipment and home adaptations to help you with everyday activities
- advise your carer or carers on how best to assist you
- assess and address your carer's needs.
To provide the best service we can, we work closely with:
- other services such as care management and housing
- professional carers
- local health services
- voluntary agencies.