Household contents insurance

Insuring your possessions

Are the contents of your home insured? If not, it is important that you take out household contents insurance. You can do this by making your own arrangements with an insurance company, or by using the Royal Borough of Greenwich's insurance scheme.

Weekly payments

Using our scheme makes it easy to insure your belongings as the cost of the insurance will be added on to your weekly rent bill.

What does it cost?

Prices start at just 63p a week for over 60s and people in sheltered accommodation, and 88p for all other tenants.

Prices could be subject to change. Please contact the housing services team for more information on prices.

How do I apply?

You can get a application form from our housing services team.

What does the insurance scheme cover?

The items that will be insured include:

  • household goods and contents when they are in your home
  • theft of your keys
  • freezer contents.

The scheme covers you for loss or damage caused by:

  • fire
  • theft and vandalism
  • water damage
  • accidental damage.

You are also covered for other types of incident. Full details are given in the policy booklet you will receive when you take out an insurance policy.

You can also request further details from our housing services team before you take out a policy.