Greenwich Local Labour and Business (GLLaB) is the council's local labour initiative to help local people access training and jobs. It provides information, advice and guidance, skills and job brokerage services.
The initiative works in partnership with employers and organisations to maximise job opportunities for local people and secure business opportunities for local companies.
Who can use GLLaB
GLLaB can help you if you're:
- unemployed and living in Royal Greenwich - certain conditions apply
- a Greenwich resident who's in work and threatened with redundancy
- a Greenwich resident who's in work and seeking information on local job opportunities.
Please note - GLLaB is set up to support residents of Greenwich Borough. If you live in another borough, you need to contact your local council to find out about the local labour initiatives operating in your borough.
How GLLaB can help
GLLaB provides help for job seekers including:
- CV writing or updating guidance
- information and access to relevant training
- matching your skills and experiences to job vacancies
- listings of local job opportunities
- listings of apprenticeship and voluntary opportunities
- help with job applications
- SMS text and email job alerts
- use of public computers for job search.
GLLaB also helps if you've been out of work for a long time with:
- identifying your skills and training development needs
- producing an individual action plan to help you achieve your work-related goals
- access to work experience and volunteering placement schemes
- information about and referral to specialist agencies where appropriate
- tracking your job search progression.
GLLaB may also be able to help with costs such as travel fares, childcare fees, protective clothing and tool kits.
Customer service targets and performance measures
GLLaB has set targets for customer satisfaction levels and regularly monitors and reviews performance. You can download the following documents relating to GLLaB's customer service aims and performance:
- GLLaB annual customer satisfaction survey report 2015
- GLLaB customer service standards and performance targets
Register with GLLaB
You need to register with GLLaB to access GLLaB services.
Contact GLLaB for more information about GLLaB services.
GLLaB is part funded by the European Union European Social Fund.