Our service centres
The Eltham Centre
London SE9 1HA
Christmas and New Year 2015 service centre opening hours
|Saturday 19 December||9am to 5pm|
|Sunday 20 December||Closed|
|Monday 21 December||9am to 5pm|
|Tuesday 22 December||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday 23 December||9am to 5pm|
|Thursday 24 December (Christmas eve)||9am to 1pm|
|Friday 25 December (Christmas day)||Closed|
|Saturday 26 December (Boxing day)||Closed|
|Sunday 27 December||Closed|
|Monday 28 December (bank holiday)||Closed|
|Tuesday 29 December||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday 30 December||9am to 5pm|
|Thursday 31 December (New year's eve)||9am to 1pm|
|Friday 1 January (New year's day)||Closed|
|Saturday 2 January||9am to 5pm|
|Sunday 3 January||Closed|
Regular opening hours and facilities
- Building opening times: Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm
- Cash office opening times: Monday and Friday from 9am to 5pm (closed 1pm to 2.15pm)
- Service centre opening times: Monday to Thursday from 8am to 8pm, Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm. We cannot offer Council Tax and Housing Benefit advice (except taking in forms and evidence from claimants) on Saturdays due to limited staffing - please visit between Monday and Friday instead. We value your time, so please try to arrive 30 minutes before close of service to allow time for your business to be completed and make an appointment for all Council Tax and benefits enquiries. To make an appointment or speak to an adviser, call 020 8921 4147 for Council Tax or 020 8921 4900 for benefits
- Disabled access: Signing and hearing loop facilities are available for deaf customers to access council services during office hours. Wheelchair access is available via the Archery Road entrance
- Self-service kiosk: Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm
Eltham Centre library
The Eltham Centre's library offers an automated self-service facility during and outside library opening hours. There is also free internet access, with computers for public use.
Health and fitness facilities
The Eltham Centre provides first-class leisure facilities, including:
- an eight-lane 25-metre competition pool with a seated spectator viewing area
- a family pool
- health suite with spa pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
- 100-station fitness centre with the latest cardiovascular and resistance machines
- group exercise studio providing a range of classes
- crèche for under-fives.
These health and fitness facilities are provided by Better (formerly known as GLL). You can find out more on the Better website.
Eltham Children's Centre is located on site.
Greenwich Community College conducts courses at the Eltham Centre.
In the evenings and at weekends, you can also attend a range of general interest and part-time qualification courses.
A full list of courses on offer is available on the Greenwich Community College website.
Pages in Our service centres
- You are here: The Eltham Centre
- The Woolwich Centre