Benefits for primary and secondary school pupils

School trip grants

The Royal Borough of Greenwich offers some financial help to families on low incomes for the board and lodging costs of school outings to the following centres only:

  • Townsend Centre, Swanage, Dorset
  • Margaret McMillan Centre, Wrotham, Kent
  • Horton Kirby Centre, Kent
  • Bryn Coedwig Centre, Wales
  • Ty'n y Berth Mountain Centre, Wales
  • Hope Memorial Centre, Braithwaite
  • Bryntysilio, Wales.

Who qualifies for this help?

Parents must have children in a recognised Royal Greenwich school and be in receipt of one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance (income related)
  • Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the basic family element
  • assistance under section six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Pension Credit Guarantee if you also get Child Tax Credit at a higher rate than the basic family element
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Working Tax Credits.

Different rules apply to academies. Academies are state maintained, but independently-run, schools in England. They are not under local authority control. You need to speak to the academy to see what, if any, financial assistance they might offer. 

Please note, not all academies have the word 'academy' in their name. If in doubt, please contact the school to check if it has academy status.

How to apply

Download the pupil benefits registration form

Related benefits

To find out about other benefits you may be entitled to get, read the benefits for children at school guidance.

Contact the Pupil Benefits Team

Pupil Benefits,
The Woolwich Centre,
35 Wellington Street,
London SE18 6HQ

020 8921 2530/2570