Grant payments for businesses affected by local and national restrictions
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum
The Business Rates team has made payments to all businesses that it believes are eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum scheme.
When we calculated grant payments, we separated the local and national restrictions into four periods. You may still be entitled to a payment for period D (16 February to 31 March), but applications for periods A, B and C are now closed.
If you think your business is eligible for a payment for period D, but you have not received one, email email@example.com by 24 May. Please include your business address and business rates account number.
Final applications for period D under this scheme must be made by 31 May.
Grant payments can only be made to businesses that pay business rates to the Royal Borough of Greenwich. To be eligible for a payment under period D, you must have been the business rates payer since 5 January 2021.
Additional grant schemes
As well as the two non-discretionary grants schemes, the government has allocated two pots of funding to be distributed to businesses.
Additional Restrictions Support Grant
This scheme supports businesses that:
- have had to close but are not on the business rates list, for example, market traders and home-based businesses
- are on the business rates list that have not been forced to close but have been affected by the restrictions resulting from the national lockdown
Before you apply
Before you start your application you will need to have the following information:
- personal ID: Passport or Driving Licence
- Business Rates Account Number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- company registration number (if applicable)
- Unique Tax Payer Reference (UTR) (If applicable)
- charity registration number (if applicable)
- Self-assessment Number (if applicable)
- Partnership Number (if applicable)
- National Insurance Number
- business bank sort code
- business bank account number
- business bank account name
- copies of business account bank statements (covering the 6 month period from August 2020 to January 2021)
- verification of business premises, for example, rent receipt or invoice, bank statement which identifies rental payment(s), copy of premises lease, licence agreement.
Hospitality Recovery Grant
The Hospitality Recovery Grant fund offers larger grants of £10,000, £15,000 and £25,000 depending on the rateable value of the commercial premises to businesses operating within the hospitality sector that have been significantly affected by the national lockdown and Local Tier 2, 3 and 4 restrictions.
The grant is targeted towards supporting the ongoing business operations of the following types of independent businesses trading within Royal Greenwich:
- public houses, bars and wine bars
- cafés and restaurants (where the substantive part of the business operations is focussed towards providing a table service or the café is located within a public park). For the avoidance of doubt this does not include take aways
- licensed function venues such as a banqueting venue or sports club
- hotels and bed & breakfasts
To ensure that the limited funding is able to help as many distinct businesses as possible, businesses with common directors but multiple sites in the borough will only be eligible for a single grant.