Free cycle skills sessions
The Royal Borough of Greenwich offers free of cycle skills sessions to anyone over the age of seven who lives, works or studies in the borough. You can book up to four hours for free, usually booked as two two-hour long sessions Cycle Confident instructors are available 7 days a week throughout the year and run sessions during daylight hours.
Sessions take place at a time and place that suits you. You can borrow bikes and equipment free of charge at certain places.
Take a look at the map below to see where to start your session. We have three cycle skills hubs with bikes and equipment, and several other starting points if you have your own bike already:
What type of session do I need?
Sessions led by what you would like to learn. You can choose from one of the following sessions:
- Learn to Ride – for those looking to ride from scratch, or improve bike handling skills off-road
- On-road cycle skills – for those looking to start making basic on-road journeys by bike in your local area
- Start Commuting – for those wishing to ride to work or school that involve longer or more complex journeys, busy junctions and route planning.
Who can I train with?
- One-to-one – you and an instructor
- Pairs – you, a friend or family member, and an instructor
- Families – you, your family and one/two instructors (N.B. two instructors required for groups of three or over to ride on the road)
- Groups – please contact Royal Borough of Greenwich cycling team to discuss
Contact the cycling team:
Find out more about cycling in Royal Greenwich.
Telephone: 020 8921 2102