Coronavirus COVID-19: Latest updates

Many council services are reduced or disrupted. Check our coronavirus page for the most up-to-date information. Read the latest and sign up for updates.

When you can get a refund

You can get a refund on your parking permit if you no longer need it, for example, if you sell your car or move to a different area. 

This applies to the following permits:

Please note - You can only get a refund on your parking permit if there are at least two full months left on it.

How to get a refund

Please return your permit to Parking Services either in person or by post. Write to:

Parking Services
The Woolwich Centre
35 Wellington Street
London SE18 6HQ

You also need to send a covering letter explaining why you would like the permit to be cancelled. You need to provide your postal address (if different from the permit application), your email address and contact number. 

You can also provide your bank details using a BACs authorisation form. If it's not possible to provide bank details, please state a reason for a cheque payment.

Please note – You cannot get a refund unless you return your permit.

What happens next

We aim to send you a refund within 28 working days from the day we receive the permit in our office.

The refund is calculated as the pro rata amount of the annual fee for any full months remaining on the permit. 

There is a £5 administration fee for processing refunds, which is deducted from the total refund amount.