Christmas tree lighting and fireworks in Woolwich
Saturday 1 December, 12pm to 6pmGeneral Gordon Square, Beresford Square and Powis Street,
A free Christmas themed community event including a lantern parade, street performers, live music stage and a grand fireworks finale.
This year's lantern parade is recycle themes and passes through General Gordon Square for the lighting of the Christmas tree. It then heads on to the Royal Arsenal Riverside for the fireworks.Artillery Square and No. 1 Street,
Royal Arsenal Riverside,
What's on the musical stage
- 12.15pm - Ukulele Ska Collective
- 12.50pm - Virtuo6
- 1.25pm - Ukulele Ska Collective
- 2.05pm - Boppin Bunnies Christmas Show
- 2.45pm - Spark Worldbeaters
- 3.10pm - Fabia Anderson
- 3.50pm - The Woolwich Singers
- 4.25pm - Decks and Quartz
- 5pm - Christmas tree lights switch on
- 5.10pm - Rockaustic
Times are only estimates and may change.
- 4.40pm -start on Powis Street
- 5pm - enter General Gordon Square
- 5.40pm - finish with fireworks in the Royal Arsenal
Lantern making workshop
For children who would like to be involved in the lantern parade, there is a lantern making workshop on the day of the event:
- Saturday 1 December, 11.30am to 2.30pm - Woolwich Library, Wellington Street, SE18 6HQ
There will be free parking in all Council-run car parks across Royal Greenwich on Saturday 1 December.
Local shops and business will be offering discounts and special promotions to holders of a Greenwich One Card.