Pest treatment service standards
The Royal Borough's pest control treatment contractor will:
- make sure the service is available between 8.30am and 5pm seven days a week
- respond to your request as soon as possible, and give you the next available appointment
- investigate the cause of the pest infestation and provide practical proofing and hygiene advice
- implement a professional quality controlled pest treatment aimed at eradicating the pest from your property
- fully comply with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- provide safety information about the pest treatment in your property, when necessary
- destroy any copies of proof of home ownership once eligibility is confirmed or otherwise - no copies will be retained.
In return, we ask that you:
- provide our contractor with the relevant information requested at the time of booking
- accept our contractor's treatment terms and conditions as work cannot start without this, a copy will be provided to you as soon as your booking is confirmed
- contact our contractor as soon as you are aware that there is a pest problem - dealing with a pest problem promptly usually means an infestation is eradicated more quickly, saving you time and money overall
- provide the pest control officer who visits your property with as much information as possible
- follow all the proofing, hygiene and housekeeping advice provided; if our advice is not followed our service may not be able to help you eradicate any infestation
- be patient - investigations and treatments can take time to ultimately be successful.
Please note that SDK and the Royal Borough do not accept any liability for any copy documents you send if they are lost in transit. If you are sending proofs of home ownership, please send them by registered post due to the sensitive nature of the information.
Feedback and complaints
The Royal Borough's pest control contractor welcomes all feedback about their service and will provide all customers with this opportunity.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive and this is not resolved you should contact Residential Services.